Monday, August 20, 2012

What I Want


I want to be the girl that is the reason why "you're singing in the rain"
I want to be the girl to whom you confess, “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
I want to be the girl that you learn to waltz for because I love dancing and you don't know how to
I want to be the girl that changes you, that makes you want to be a better man (and perform a love ballad complete with floating lanterns)
I want to be the girl that you want to marry, even if I have a fatal illness
I want to be the girl that makes you perform a dance number to "You Make My Dreams Come True"
I want to be the girl that accepts you for all your quirks, like taking all of the "caviar garnish"
I want to be the girl worth fighting for
I want to be the girl best friend that you fall in love with, even if its years later
I want to be the girl that you throw fancy parties for, just in hopes that you'll see me
I want to be the girl that you fight your way from the "Dread Pirate Roberts" ship to come home to
I want to be the girl that you take out dancing just so you can hold me close and dedicate a song with words meant just for me
I want to be the girl that meets you on the top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day
I want to be the girl that you write letters to every day
I want to be the girl that you make an adventure book with
I want to be the girl that you want to run away with, even if we are deliriously in love and incredibly naive
I want to be the girl whose name you have to say in a scolding voice because I've been up to no good
I want to be the girl that sees you for who you really are, beyond the facade and the "beast"
I want to be the girl that you "must tame"
I want to be the girl that you wait for: "And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, even then I knew that… I was waiting for my wife."

But I hope you know, I do not want to be the girl that steals the door floating above the ice cold water, when clearly there is space for the both of us on it

And yes, those are all literature or movie/tv references--just call me a sap.
Also, 1,000 cool points, a high five (retail value: $39.99), and possibly something else for anyone that can get all the references. 

No comments:

Post a Comment